Parent & Spectators Code of Conduct
I pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in the S.G.L.F.S.A. program by following the Parent Code of Conduct. As a Supportive Parent I will:
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, managers, and other officials at every game, practice, or other event.
- Place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- Insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- Support coaches, managers, and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- Do my best to make softball fun for my child and her teammates.
- Help my child enjoy her softball experience by being a respectful fan and supportive parent.
- Treat other players, coaches, managers, fans, and umpires with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability
- I will be responsible for my child’s spectators and fans and ask that they respect the same code of conduct
- Remember the game is for youth – not adults.
- By registering your child to participate in the S.G.L.F.S.A. Softball program, you also agree that if you (or your child’s guardian/spectator) fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, you (the parent/guardian/spectator) will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verbal warning by an official, head coach, and/or league officer
- Parental/guardian/spectator game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved
- Game forfeit through the official or coach
- Parental season suspension
To ensure that the players within the league have a great season, we have prepared an agreement of sorts so teams, individual players, parent/guardians, and coaching staff know what is expected. Softball is a team sport and the girls have more fun if everyone is involved. Please review the following points:
- I agree to be an active team player. I will respect my coaching staff, other players and umpires.
- I will show up to games/practices, or I will notify the coaching staff of my absence.
- I will bring a positive attitude and put forth my best effort.
- I will come prepared with the proper equipment and adequate hydration.
- I will do my best to keep track of my equipment and try not to misplace it.
- If I am injured or ill I will notify coaching staff immediately.
- If I am having any problems socially or with skills I will discuss it with the coaching staff. Together we can find a solution.
- It is my/parents/guardians responsibility to notify the coaching staff of any allergies or medical concerns I may have
- I will bring an extra t-shirt to the Last Bat Tournament to return my jersey at the end of the season